No Risk Registration! Awaiting the weather forecast? Not sure if you'll be ready to ride? Have no fear. Everyone who registers before March 19th and decides not to ride will receive:
- Firefly socks - while supplies last
- Rider goodie bag
- Membership in Firefly Trail
- Discounts at participating businesses
(If you don't ride), beginning Monday, March 21st, simply pick up your bag and membership card from our friends at GA Cycle Sport, 1029 Baxter St., Athens. Rain or shine, your $30 registration fee benefits the creation of the trail. Please register today!
Visit our Firefly Trail webpage for ride details, registration form/waiver, ride options with cue sheets & maps or register on-line at Active.com. Early check-in is Friday night, March 18, from 5 - 7 pm at GA Cycle Sport, 1029 Baxter Street. Day of registration begins at 8 am at Jittery Joe's, 425 Barber St., Athens.
The Your Pie mobile oven fires up just before noon with custom pizza available for purchase. Terrapin brews made specifically for Firefly will be tapped and available for purchase. Riders 21 yrs or older will receive 1 free pour. Join us at the Jittery Joe's Roaster March 19!
This Week's Highlights and Reminders:
- Cantilope weekly "Elk" Rides (22-26 miles, 13-15 mph) begin this Wednesday, March 16th, 5:30 p.m. from the Oconee Heights Baptist Church on Jefferson Road.
- Cantilope "Beginner Bike Rides" (~10 miles or more at 11-13 mph) begin Wednesday evening, April 6th, 6:00 p.m. at Oconee Heights Baptist Church. All rides are no drop and generally have a sweep; For all Cantilope ride, you can follow all of the details on the Cantilope Facebook page or contact Heidi Davison, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nitty Gritty 56-mile "Oglethorpe, Mostly" this Saturday, March 12th
- Al Pless Memorial Bike Ride for the Athens Land Trust, Saturday, April 23rd, 9 a.m. The event will include a lavish post-ride spread, sponsored by the Foundation for Excellence in Education, and catered by Barberitos!
- And just down the road: AthSav2016...
- Make your plans now to join in.
- We're starting to finalize sag, transportation, and food plans, and other logistics. Time to get on board! And AthSav riders, you will be hearing from sag coordinator Amy Kissane this week. She will ask you to confirm your lodging plans and transportation needs.
- See the AthSav2016 page for the most up-to-date ride details.
- Register online, or download this PDF form.
- AthSav jerseys and bibs will be here before the end of the month. I'll let you know as soon as they arrive. If you pre-ordered, your items will be available for pickup at Georgia Cycle Sport, or contact me to arrange delivery.
- In addition to pre-orders, there is a limited number of items you can claim for your own:
- Men's Jerseys (M, L, XL, 2XL)
- Women's Jerseys, (M, L, XL)
- Bibs (L, XL, and 2XL)
- The easiest way to order is to use the online Bike List Store - or you can email me.
- You can mail me your check (made out to Ken's Promotions, 27 Chestnut Oak Run, Athens, GA 30607).
- Let me know if you have any questions about sizing, availability, etc.