We're getting into the heart of the spring biking season, and it's great to see so many folks stretching their legs with longer and better rides, 50-milers, metric centuries, and full centuries. The upcoming schedule offers many more opportunities for long and wonderful riding, including a couple of 80-milers this Saturday, so c'mon out and enjoy the long-distance fun.
This Week's Highlights and Reminders:
- OC Dean Birthday Challenge, this Saturday, 9 a.m. Help OC celebrate his 81st birthday with 81 miles of riding around Athens.
- Bicycling Club of Milledgeville April Fools Ride, this Saturday, 9 a.m.
- Coming next Saturday, April 9th - the Tony Serrano Century.
- Coming April 23rd - the Al Pless Memorial Bike Ride for the Athens Land Trust.
- Cantilope weekly "Elk" Rides (22-26 miles, 13-15 mph) have begun. They depart on Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. from the Oconee Heights Baptist Church on Jefferson Road. Cantilope "Beginner Bike Rides" (~10 miles or more at 11-13 mph) begin next Wednesday evening, April 6th, 6:00 p.m. at Oconee Heights Baptist Church. All rides are no drop and generally have a sweep; For Cantilope rides, you can follow all of the details on the Cantilope Facebook page or contact Heidi Davison, email@example.com.
- And just down the road: AthSav2016...
- Make your plans now to join in.
- We're just over a month out from the big ride. If you're planning to be part of our 15th annual ride, this is the time to commit, as we're starting to finalize sag, transportation, and food plans, and other logistics. Time to get on board!
- AthSav riders, you will be hearing from sag coordinator Amy Kissane this week. She will ask you to confirm your lodging plans and transportation needs.
- See the AthSav2016 page for the most up-to-date ride details.
- Register online, or download this PDF form.
- AthSav jerseys and bibs are here, and they look great! Pre-ordered items are available for pickup at Georgia Cycle Sport, or contact me to arrange delivery.
- In addition to pre-orders, there is a limited number of items you can claim for your own:
- Men's Jerseys (M, L, XL, 2XL)
- Women's Jerseys, (M, L, XL)
- Bibs (L, XL, and 2XL)
- The easiest way to order is to use the online Bike List Store - or you can email me.
- You can mail me your check (made out to Ken's Promotions, 27 Chestnut Oak Run, Athens, GA 30607).
- Let me know if you have any questions about sizing, availability, etc.
- Georgia Cycle Sport
- Jittery Joe's Coffee
- Need to Meet
- The Hamilton Agency
- Brett's Casual American
- The Foundation for Excellence in Education
- Ken's Promotions