Just finished celebrating my 64th birthday weekend with 124 miles of lovely (and windy) riding. I can't hold a candle, however, to octogenarian OC who just completed his annual 81-mile Birthday Challenge ride. I guess there's something to the idea that this biking is helping to keep all of us just a little younger. And now, for our riding friends of all ages, here's the news at the start of this very busy bike month.
This Week's Highlights and Reminders:
- Coming this Saturday, April 9th - the Tony Serrano Century.
- Coming April 23rd - the Al Pless Memorial Bike Ride for the Athens Land Trust.
- Cantilope "Beginner Bike Rides" begin this Wednesday evening, April 6th, 6:00 p.m. at Oconee Heights Baptist Church. All rides are no drop and generally have a sweep; For Cantilope rides, you can follow all of the details on the Cantilope Facebook page or contact Heidi Davison, email@example.com.
- We are pleased to post these weekly rides put on by our loyal Lake Oconee Cycling friends (please contact Lisa Baynes for more info):
Lake Oconee Cycling-Tuesday Ride
Walker Methodist Church
2730 Walker Church Rd, Greensboro, GA 30642
Tuesday's 17+ mile ride is a group ride, you should have some comfort in drafting and pace-lining. While we try our best to regroup halfway through the ride, you should be able to maintain an average speed of 15+mph. The 2 mile stretch coming back in on Leslie Mill will be a Sprint section for anyone wanting to get the heart rate up a bit.
Lake Oconee Cycling Thursday Ride
First United Methodist Church
4741 Carey Station Road, Greensboro, GA 30642
Thursday's 21+ mile ride is a little faster with several strava segments throughout and a challenging hill section. After ride brew at Maria's Cantina
Bike For Sale:
This bike is in immaculate condition
- Large frame
- SR-2 Giant factory wheelset
- Brand new tires and tubes
- Brand new factory Giant seat! (never been ridden on)
- Brand new 2016 Tiagra shifters derailers, crank, and 10 speed cassette. (never been ridden on)
This bike retails for $1,100.00, with Sora shifters and derailers - so the Tiagra are 2 steps up from the Sora - and it's all UNUSED!! A DEAL FOR $650.00
FIRST ONE WITH THE DOUGH WALKS AWAY with it.
Make your plans now to join in. If you're planning to be part of our 15th annual ride, this is the time to commit, as we're starting to finalize sag, transportation, and food plans, and other logistics. See the AthSav2016 page on the Bike List web site for the most up-to-date ride details. Register online, or download thisPDF form.
And thank you, AthSav sponsors: