The temps are still in the mid-90's, but the Georgia Dawgs have started practicing for the season and college students are filtering back into town. So, in Georgia, this is fall. We're seeing more and more folks on our rides, and we noted excellent turnouts this weekend. A great fall riding season awaits.
This coming weekend features the Nitty Gritty Bostwick Mansion Ride (or, since we don't actually see the mansion, it is - according to Daisy Mathis - the "Don't Mansion It" Ride). We will probably add another Sunday cooldown as well, so stay tuned for announcements during the week.
We're now just over one month to Teardrop Century time, so note these reminders:
- The early registration discount fee of $40 ends this Sunday 8/15
- Remember to contact me now to place your jersey and bib orders. We will have a limited supply of pre-ordered items, so get 'em while you can!
Note that I have added links to the Good Hope Poppy Festival 52- and 26-mile routes, and I've added the October 10th "RoboRide". See both in the Coming Soon calendar, below.
- Nitty Gritty Bostwick Mansion - Saturday, August 15, 2015 @ 9am - 1pm
Continue to follow Carol Myers' amazing cross-country bike adventure via her blog, Cycling Into the Future.
Teardrop Century News and Updates
Saturday, September 12th, 9 a.m.
Morgan County High School, 1231 College Drive, Madison, GA 30650
Click here for more details...
Coming Soon, Mark Your Calendars
- Nitty Gritty Cold Sassy / Commerce Loop - Saturday, August 22, 2015, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Red Clay Ramble - Saturday August 22 / 7 a.m. registration, 9 a.m. race start
- Tri to Beat Cancer - Sunday, August 23rd, 7 a.m.
- One Love Century, Presented by the Metro Atlanta Cycling Club - Saturday, September 5th, 8 a.m.
- Six Gap Century/Three Gap Fifty (really 60!) - Sunday, September 27, 2015
- RoboRide 2015 - Saturday, October 10, 2015
- Good Hope Poppy Festival Bike Ride - Saturday, October 24, 2015 10 a.m.
- Social Circle High School Redskin Spirit Ride - Saturday, October 24, 2015 @ 8 a.m.
See you out there, riding friends!