And now, it's Teardrop time! We're looking forward to a great event this Saturday, September 12th. I'm sharing below the information I put out via email several days ago, with a few additional updates and acknowledgements:
- We welcome Ariel Gordon and her Cedar (HS) Speeders to the Teardrop!
- Special shout out to Paul Jones, the Rest Stop Queen, and the Tony Serrano Century for providing drink coolers for next weekend.
- If you're looking for a "tweener" distance, you can do the first 18 miles of the century route, then switch to the 64-mile route in Rutledge for a lovely 73-miler.
- In my email I neglected to include the date for for pre-registration and packet pickup: it's this Friday, September 11th, 4-6 p.m. at The Hub Bicycles, 1220 South Milledge Avenue, Athens.
Now, here is the info I sent out a few days ago:
- The 5th Annual Teardrop departs at 9 a.m. on Saturday, September 12th from Morgan County High School, 1231 College Drive. Please arrive at least 30 minutes early to give yourself time to park (there's lots of parking) and get set to go.
- Online registration is still open: http://www.active.com/madison-ga/cycling/races/5th-annual-teardrop-century-ride-for-interfaith-hospitality-2015.
- You can also register by hard copy form, using this attached flyer.
- All proceeds go to support the Interfaith Hospitality Network of Athens, which provides emergency shelter and services for homeless families with children in Athens and Northeast Georgia.
- Four beautiful, fully supported routes - see links here and cue sheets below:
- Cue sheets will be provided for all riders, and routes will be marked with painted markings and standing signs.
- Pre-ride packet pickup and registration Friday, September 11th, at The Hub Bicycles, 1220 South Milledge Avenue, Athens, from 4-6 p.m.
- Day of ride pickup and registration begins at 7:30 a.m. at Morgan County High School.
- Post-ride barbecue meal, starting at 12 noon, provided by Deryl Bailey's Empowered Youth Program.
- Post-ride live music from 12 noon - 2 p.m.
- Great swag goodies including sling backpacks, Jittery Joe's Coffee, and discount coupons for restaurants and shops in Madison.
Thank you to our great sponsors and supporters: The Hub Bicycles, Jittery Joe's Coffee, Virginia McKenna - Licensed Professional Counselor, Zaxby's The Hamilton Agency, Allergy Partners, Escape the Space, Kathleen Miller, Morris Law Group, the Mulherin Foundation, the Schramski Family, Southern Landscaping Irrigation and Construction, and WalMart - Eastside Athens.
And thanks to our team of planners and volunteers; IHNA board and staff; Karl Scott and Scott Hunter Smith; the City of Madison, GA: the towns of Rutledge, Good Hope, and Bostwick,GA; Jittery Joe's Watkinsville; Milledge Avenue Baptist Church; Emmanuel Presbyterian Church; and the Prospect First United Methodist Church - Fairplay.
Please let me know if you have any questions - see you at the Teardrop!
See you out there, riding friends!